Vero is OSMC's new flagship device. Find out more here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airplay does not appear to work with OS X
02-25-2013, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 07:10 PM by Chris230291.)
Hello. I just installed the latest version of Raspbmc but i cant get AirPlay to work. It seems to work fine with iOS devices but none of my Macs will connect. They see my Raspberry Pi but will not connect.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers,
Chris.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i'm running the latest version of OS X and iTunes. Also, my macs connect without problems to real Apple TV's.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 12:37 AM by omor1.)
RE: Airplay does not appear to work with OS X
Airplay on Raspbmc with OS X has always had a number of problems.
Try turning off IPv6; this seems to help:
Code:
networksetup -setv6off *networkservice*
Where *networkservice* is "Wi-Fi", "Ethernet", etc.

There was one release where I did manage to get it to work with no problems, but I've tried since then and the problems have resurged.
I'm really not sure what the root of the problem is. ConfusedHuhSad
02-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Hello. Thanks very much for the reply!
That's a bummer huh? Whatever version i'm running now (latest) at least supports iOS devices, before i had no airplay at all!

I will try running "networksetup -setv6off *networkservice*" like you suggested.

Thanks,
Chris.
02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150818&page=3

Raspbmc troubleshooting and req info for support
Raspbmc How-To´s
R-Pi troubleshooting
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Silly question.... How do i get to the command line? lol

@miappa. Sweet thanks! I will install the nightly build if the network configuration doesn't fix it.

Thanks,
Chris.
02-25-2013, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 07:59 PM by miappa.)
Just a heads up, there is no nightly for Raspbmc for this yet.
And it will be a test in XBMC mainline so it might take a while before this will appear.

Edit: And that command omor suggested is for OSX. You might be able to disable IPv6 in System Settings depending on what OSX version you´re on.

Raspbmc How-To´s
R-Pi troubleshooting
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Ok woops. haha
Awh thats not very good.
Is it worth mentioning that Openelec's AirPlay feature worked without problems? It was slower to connect, but then again the whole system was slower with that version of XBMC.

Chris.
02-25-2013, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 10:01 PM by miappa.)
The fix I am talking about is due to a iTunes/OSX update that broke airplay when trying to connect through the OS.
iTunes works fine.

The hack in that thread I posted to works (I´ve done it) but it can be complicated if you don´t understand it, if so I don´t recommend it. Wink

Otherwise airplay has worked fine for me on Raspbmc but as I understand it´s a little bit flaky since it´s reversed engineered (darn Apple!).

Raspbmc How-To´s
R-Pi troubleshooting
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
What file do I have to patch with the diff file?
02-25-2013, 11:38 PM
(02-25-2013 07:55 PM)miappa Wrote:  Just a heads up, there is no nightly for Raspbmc for this yet.
And it will be a test in XBMC mainline so it might take a while before this will appear.

Edit: And that command omor suggested is for OSX. You might be able to disable IPv6 in System Settings depending on what OSX version you´re on.

Lion introduced "link-local only" in system settings/network/tcp to turn off ipv6 but it doesn't work. Opening terminal (hit command + space bar and type terminal to launch from spotlight) and enter

networksetup -setv6off Ethernet
networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi

To turn back on, go to system settings/network/TCP and set back to auto, manually, or link-local only

Disabling ipv6 on the Pi worked (with ipv6 on on my macs) but it confused iTunes and wouldn't allow me to unconnect from AirPlay without killing iTunes