This forum is now read only and kept for historical purposes. We'd love you to stay in the loop, and if you'd like to as well, you can sign up for our new forum here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rasbmc Installer & Install to USB drive
11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Rasbmc Installer & Install to USB drive
Okay new to the Pi and have managed to get Raspbmc working fine with the RC5 release, but after watching some video clips about this i found that the running from USB would be so much quicker.

I have run the installer put a sd card in and clicked the usb box, made the files and installed fine with the Pi, but now after everything goes on and it reboots i get the following message.. "rsyslog main process ended respawning"

Is this something i have done in the process of the install as previously it went on fine without any problems. i am now putting it back on again with the sd card, but would really like to know why this has happened..

i am a total newbie to Linux so please dont throw scripts at me as it wont mean anything.. :o)

just wondered if this was a newbie mistake and something i can easily correct.

thanks

Jay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2012, 11:18 PM
RE: Rasbmc Installer & Install to USB drive
Just me again then... usual case.. ha haaa
11-28-2012, 11:44 PM
/var/log/syslog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Funny I was having similar issues from a Mac installation today as a newbie myself. The installer wouldnt detect my USB drive. So reformatted my SD card and grabbed installer. Tried adding a usb.txt file to the SD card this go around, with the TextEdit app but I just got a blue screen. Deleted the file. Installer showed up, but with no USB again. So I rinsed but did not repeat, reformatting and reinstalling again. I was bit stumped how to make an empty file called USB for the installer to grab, then I remembered this from about a month ago http://cli.learncodethehardway.org/book/...x15-470009 . So I fired up Terminal and navigated to my SD card and made an empty file and it worked a charm! Thanks Sam and the vets putting the info out to educate ourselves