Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rasbmc Installer & Install to USB drive
11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Rasbmc Installer & Install to USB drive
Okay new to the Pi and have managed to get Raspbmc working fine with the RC5 release, but after watching some video clips about this i found that the running from USB would be so much quicker.

I have run the installer put a sd card in and clicked the usb box, made the files and installed fine with the Pi, but now after everything goes on and it reboots i get the following message.. "rsyslog main process ended respawning"

Is this something i have done in the process of the install as previously it went on fine without any problems. i am now putting it back on again with the sd card, but would really like to know why this has happened..

i am a total newbie to Linux so please dont throw scripts at me as it wont mean anything.. :o)

just wondered if this was a newbie mistake and something i can easily correct.

thanks

Jay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2012, 11:18 PM
RE: Rasbmc Installer & Install to USB drive
Just me again then... usual case.. ha haaa
11-28-2012, 11:44 PM
/var/log/syslog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Funny I was having similar issues from a Mac installation today as a newbie myself. The installer wouldnt detect my USB drive. So reformatted my SD card and grabbed installer. Tried adding a usb.txt file to the SD card this go around, with the TextEdit app but I just got a blue screen. Deleted the file. Installer showed up, but with no USB again. So I rinsed but did not repeat, reformatting and reinstalling again. I was bit stumped how to make an empty file called USB for the installer to grab, then I remembered this from about a month ago http://cli.learncodethehardway.org/book/...x15-470009 . So I fired up Terminal and navigated to my SD card and made an empty file and it worked a charm! Thanks Sam and the vets putting the info out to educate ourselves