Vero is OSMC's new flagship device. Find out more here.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
RE: [Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
I bought this http://www.ebay.it/itm/Turtle-Beach-Audi...dd5c#rpdId and works like a charm. Smile
[/quote]

how did you get that to work with raspbmc? i have same setup and can't select it for output

thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM
(07-18-2012 06:17 PM)darrellberry Wrote:  I bought this http://www.ebay.it/itm/Turtle-Beach-Audi...dd5c#rpdId and works like a charm. Smile

how did you get that to work with raspbmc? i have same setup and can't select it for output

thanks!
[/quote]

If you follow my first post step by step it should just work. No need to select or anything.
07-19-2012, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 09:57 AM by darrellberry.)
(07-18-2012 07:00 PM)s7mx1 Wrote:  
(07-18-2012 06:17 PM)darrellberry Wrote:  I bought this http://www.ebay.it/itm/Turtle-Beach-Audi...dd5c#rpdId and works like a charm. Smile

thanks!

If you follow my first post step by step it should just work. No need to select or anything.
[/quote]

Yes starting with a fresh install, it did indeed work first time, thanks.

i'm experiencing some tearing playing FLAC from my miniDLNA server, have tried the dwc_otg.speed=1 USB downspeeding... still getting gaps. But this is great progress. I know this is alpha code, are their likely to be performance improvements (other than obviously adding audio for video) on this before RC4? If I can get rid of the dropouts, this is a VERY good uPNP music renderer (which is actually a higher personal priority than video ;-)!

thanks agin

ps if there's any useful diagnostic info I can provide which would help track this tearing down, i'm happy to put some work into getting it for you

d
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Could you try copy the file over to the sd card or a usb thumb drive and play it locally? You could also try it over windows share (samba).

I assume that Turtle Beach sound card does support 44.1K sample rate, otherwise the pi need to do some sample rate conversion.

During playback can you log into pi and run the following command
Code:
pactl list sinks
pactl list sink-inputs
post back the output.

(07-19-2012 09:46 AM)darrellberry Wrote:  

thanks!

Yes starting with a fresh install, it did indeed work first time, thanks.

i'm experiencing some tearing playing FLAC from my miniDLNA server, have tried the dwc_otg.speed=1 USB downspeeding... still getting gaps. But this is great progress. I know this is alpha code, are their likely to be performance improvements (other than obviously adding audio for video) on this before RC4? If I can get rid of the dropouts, this is a VERY good uPNP music renderer (which is actually a higher personal priority than video ;-)!

thanks agin

ps if there's any useful diagnostic info I can provide which would help track this tearing down, i'm happy to put some work into getting it for you

d
[/quote]
07-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Would you mind releasing the source to your modifications? I'm trying to compile xbmc with pulseaudio support myself on raspbian, but it's not working. All I did so far was compile with --enable-pulse instead of --disable-pulse using these instructions: http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

This did not result in xbmc either using pulse or giving me the option in the system settings, so I guess you also made some modifications to the source Smile Some instructions on how to make these modifications myself would be fine as well.
07-19-2012, 10:42 AM
I will release some patches by this weekend. You can just use the pulseaudio dev package comes with raspbin if you don't mind all sorts of dependent libs (x11 for example) installed.

(07-19-2012 10:34 AM)ErwinJunge Wrote:  Would you mind releasing the source to your modifications? I'm trying to compile xbmc with pulseaudio support myself on raspbian, but it's not working. All I did so far was compile with --enable-pulse instead of --disable-pulse using these instructions: http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

This did not result in xbmc either using pulse or giving me the option in the system settings, so I guess you also made some modifications to the source Smile Some instructions on how to make these modifications myself would be fine as well.
07-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I should probably have been clearer: The compile went fine (I did install the pulseaudio dev package), but the resulting xbmc didn't appear to use pulseaudio. Hence my question regarding any changes you made to the source.

(07-19-2012 10:42 AM)s7mx1 Wrote:  I will release some patches by this weekend. You can just use the pulseaudio dev package comes with raspbin if you don't mind all sorts of dependent libs (x11 for example) installed.

(07-19-2012 10:34 AM)ErwinJunge Wrote:  Would you mind releasing the source to your modifications? I'm trying to compile xbmc with pulseaudio support myself on raspbian, but it's not working. All I did so far was compile with --enable-pulse instead of --disable-pulse using these instructions: http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

07-19-2012, 10:51 AM
will the patch include audio for video files? Smile))
07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately no and need to spend a bit more time looking into this.

Good news is there will be a updated version out soon.

(07-19-2012 10:51 AM)carl0s Wrote:  will the patch include audio for video files? Smile))
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
This will give me passthrough option working for DTS and DD51?
In the card discription it says "virtual 5.1" It is little bit confusing.
Is it regular SPDIF or some kind of simulation?

I have no HDMI on my receiver so this would be a blessing to play DTS and DD51 movies.
thx

thanks!

[/quote]