Vero is OSMC's new flagship device. Find out more here.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: [Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
thanks.
the installation went fine i guess. although i cannot detect what changed.
i was hoping i could play my music through my DAC which is connected with an usb cable. but still no sound. don't know where to sellect usb audio output anyway. under settings-->system-->audio output? cause here i can only choose hdmi or analog.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 05:09 PM by s7mx1.)
You don't need to do anything. It should pick your dac as the default sound output.

run
Code:
pactl list sinks
pactl list short clients

the sound card may be muted.

(07-13-2012 05:00 PM)harmenzon Wrote:  thanks.
the installation went fine i guess. although i cannot detect what changed.
i was hoping i could play my music through my DAC which is connected with an usb cable. but still no sound. don't know where to sellect usb audio output anyway. under settings-->system-->audio output? cause here i can only choose hdmi or analog.
07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Everything works. You guys are great!!! Thanks so much!
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I may have an idea to get the video playback sound output to usb speakers. Stay tuned.
07-13-2012, 06:09 PM
(07-13-2012 05:39 PM)s7mx1 Wrote:  I may have an idea to get the video playback sound output to usb speakers. Stay tuned.

If possible, please keep this optional. Cause in my case, i prefer to have the music play through the dac and the video as raw dts through hdmi. Smile
07-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks. Got my Soundblaster MP3+ running, but it has little interruptions and sometimes it stops working and the led on the Soundblaster stops blinking. When this occurs, the my android remote cannot connect anymore to the xmbc. But the concurrent ssh session is still working. I'm a linux noob, so where can I find the debug messages? Smile
07-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Harmenzon, which DAC are you using? going to fiddle with the latest raspbmc tomorrow and have a Cambridge DacMagic that I would love to get going. Judging from the thread, it should work though.
07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
If the led stops blinking. Double check the USB cable and also make sure your power supply can provide sufficient current to your pi. I am using 5v 2a power adapter.

(07-14-2012 11:17 PM)Benny Wrote:  Thanks. Got my Soundblaster MP3+ running, but it has little interruptions and sometimes it stops working and the led on the Soundblaster stops blinking. When this occurs, the my android remote cannot connect anymore to the xmbc. But the concurrent ssh session is still working. I'm a linux noob, so where can I find the debug messages? Smile
07-14-2012, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 11:41 PM by Benny.)
Is there a command to read out the current voltage? I will test some other cables tomorrow.

Btw Soundcard is connected with a D-Link DUB-H7 to the raspberry.

After xmbc hangs i have stoped and restarted xbmc and then the android remote works again. But the led on the soundcard stays deactivated.
07-14-2012, 11:44 PM
You could measure the voltage between Tp1 and tp2. If the voltage is over 5 you are fine. Some powered hub do interfer with pi and some people find they could feed power to pi through the USB port with a powered hub to get around the problem.

(07-14-2012 11:39 PM)Benny Wrote:  Is there a command to read out the current voltage? I will test some other cables tomorrow. Btw Soundcard is connected with a D-Link DUB-H7 to the raspberry.